An illustrated food and movie blog
"Hey, so you can't feel a thing ?"
Illustrated by : Valerie Oba
- Parisian Salad
‘Les Intouchables’ came out the same year as ‘The Artist’, but although a more memorable movie, it received far less attention on this side of the atlantic. It is a surprisingly touching (see what I did there) french film, about two men who have very little in common but end up becoming inseparable. To go with the movie we prepared some simple French dishes, quick and delicious. Enjoy!
"What does she look like? Maybe she's ugly !"
- 1 Frisee lettuce
- 1 cup ham
- 1 cup emmental cheese (swiss)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 corn
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Wine vinegare
- 1. Grill the corn wrapped in aluminum foil directly over the flame for about 10 minutes
- 2. Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes to make hard boiled eggs
- 3. Dice the ham and cheese. Add the lettuce, the tomatoes sliced, the hard boiled eggs sliced in half and chop the corn and add it as well as some olive oil, wine vinegare, salt and pepper
"Back off, Justin Bieber."
- 2 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbs white sugar
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Milk (about 1.2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 Tbs rum liqueur
- 1. Add the flour in a bowl and make a hole in the middle. Add the eggs, sugar, oil and butter.
- 2. Mix softly with a whisk and add the milk a little bit at a time while mixing constantly. When the dough is slightly thick it's ready.
- 3. Heat a pan with a little bit of oil. Cook the crepes on low heat.